You can rest assured that The Academic HustleTM can tell you what you need to know to give your child the best chance of getting into college with scholarships or have a viable post-secondary plan for adulthood.
We have workshops and webinars specifically designed for parents. We also provide group coaching with you and your children. We strongly recommend encouraging your children to participate in one of our workshops or webinars. Buy-in from the child is critical to the success of The Academic HustleTM.
Your best introduction to The Academic HustleTM will be by attending one of the workshops and webinars we host regularly. Check out the events calendar:Events calendar
Our most popular workshops are:
- Parent's Game Plan for Student SuccessDo want to make sure your child is ready for higher education or a job when they graduate? Need info on how to find and apply to scholarships? Want to make sure your child is going down the right path? If you answered yes to any of these questions then this workshop is for you. The Academic HustleTM: Parent’s Game Plan for Student Success workshop shows parents how to ensure their children are ready for college.
Getting your children ready for after high school can be a tedious effort. Teenagers are a difficult species. For the few that aren’t headaches, making sure that you have given them everything they need to succeed can be stressful. Thankfully, The Academic HustleTM lays out all the essential things a person needs to know to develop a career starting in high school.
In this workshop, Matthew A. Pigatt shares his story of being the knuckleheaded teenager and what made him transform into a high-achiever. He talks about his time raising his teenaged brother and what he did to help is brother enter college with over $250,000 in scholarships.
• Help parents feel more comfortable about guiding their children
• Learn the key factors to post-secondary success
• Know what to focus to nurture children into competitive candidates for opportunities
• Identify programs to expose children and build their resume
• Matthew shares his story being a knucklehead and raising a knucklehead
• Discuss the 3 keys to overcoming the odds and becoming successful
• Overview of The Academic HustleTM
• Brainstorm programs parent take advantage of for their children
- How to find and apply to scholarshipsDo you need money for school? Are you trying to figure out where are the scholarships for you? Want to know how to submit a winning scholarship application? Then you need The Academic HustleTM trainings. Our program trains participants on how to make the most out of their time in school to become competitive candidates for scholarships, internships, and job offers.
The insights and methods shared through The Academic HustleTM were distilled from Matthew’s national award-winning research on high-academic achievers and his personal journey of being at-risk of dropping out of high school to earning over $100,000 to graduate magna cum laude from college.
This particular workshop will show participants how to become a competitive candidates for scholarships, where to find them, and how to put together a winning application.
• Expose students to various types of scholarship opportunities
• Learn what is needed to become a competitive candidate for scholarships
• Show participants where to find scholarship opportunities
• Discuss the elements of a winning application
• Discuss how The Academic HustleTM was developed
• Walkthrough the various types of scholarship opportunities
• Show participants how to look for scholarships
• Figure out what it takes to be a competitive candidate for scholarships
• Detail actions participants can take to put together an award-winning application
- College freshman’s game plan for scholarships, internships, and job offersIn college? Need money to pay for school? Want to make sure you have a job upon graduating? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions then this workshop is for you. The Academic HustleTM: Freshman’s Guide to Scholarships, Internships, and Job Offers workshop will motivate you to become a competitive candidate for these opportunities and show you how to submit award-winning applications.
Most students attend college just to get a degree. Many graduate with just that: a piece of paper. However, there are some amazing opportunities that can prepare you for your future AND pay you in the process.
In this workshop, Matthew shares his story of entering college on academic probation and 100% loans. Then graduating magna cum laude with over $100,000 in scholarships, fellowships, and awards that took him all over the country and the world. Matthew explains the system he developed based upon his personal transformation and national award-winning research on high-achievers.
• Inspire students to take advantage of college
• Create a game plan to become a competitive candidate for opportunities
• Know how to find scholarships, fellowships, and internships
• Matthew shares his story
• Discuss the components of The Academic HustleTM
• Walkthrough the steps that need to be taken to become a competitive candidate for opportunities
• Show students how to identify opportunities
- Making the most of high schoolDo your students lack motivation? Want to make sure they are prepared for college? Need info on how to ensure your students are competitive candidates for scholarships? If you answered yes to any of these questions then this workshop is for you. The Academic HustleTM: Making the Most of High School workshop shows students how to take advantage of school and motivates them to do it.
Many students attend school just because they are supposed to. They don’t see how it relates to their life or prepare them for their future. As a result, most do just enough to pass. Teachers, parents, and many other adults try to stress the importance of taking advantage of school. However, it is largely dismissed.
In this workshop, Matthew A. Pigatt shares his story of being the kid that did not take school seriously and what made him transform into a high-achiever. He helps students understand the importance of taking challenging classes, earning As, and getting involved in extracurricular activities. These three items are critical to becoming a competitive candidate for higher education, scholarships, and jobs.
• Inspire students to take advantage of school
• Explain the significance of enrolling in challenging classes
• Help students understand why it is important to get As
• Show students the variety of extracurricular activities that can prepare them for their career
• Matthew shares his story being the kid that didn’t take school seriously
• Discuss the philosophy of earning money
• Overview of The Academic HustleTM
• Explain how students can use school to set them up for life
To take full advantage of The Academic HustleTM, we highly recommend coaching. Every student’s situations is different. Some students don’t need financial assistance and may just be interested in ensuring they get into a specific program. Others need to make sure they can afford the next semester. Some students are already all-star students and need to bounce a few ideas off someone knowledgeable. Through one-on-one or group coaching with Matthew A. Pigatt you can get all that and more.
Coaching saves you a lot of time and money because you get to tap into and bounce your ideas off of someone who can quickly zoom in on your specific needs, help you figure out what you need to do, and streamline the process of adapting The Academic HustleTM to your life.
Click on the appropriate button below to set up your free consultation today!Schedule a free consultation now!
- Open call
Open calls give you the opportunity to talk about anything you would like to discuss. You can use this time to discuss successes and challenges with applying the material learned, personal issues, ideas that come to mind, or anything you would like. There are no restrictions.
- Training session
These sessions are usually 30-60 minute one-on-one training discussions on a specific topic. A typical session is outlined as follows:
Minutes Section 5 Greetings 5 – 10 Discussion on success and challenges 15 – 30 Lesson for the day 5 – 15 Guided practice or Q&A 5 Summary, next steps, and expectations for next session
- Field excursion
Field excursions cover a wide range of training sessions that happen in the field. They typically take between 1 – 2 hours. Below are some relevant examples:
• When discussing time management, it is very helpful to be in a store while identifying tools that work for the you.
• Visiting a college, pointing out opportunities, and speaking to faculty and staff can give you a hands-on lesson in personalizing The Academic HustleTM.
• After discussing how to engage decision makers, we may go to a job site or networking event to practice and receive real-time coaching.
- Review material
We are happy to review any material created: cover letters, resumes, essays, applications, speeches, etc. Pricing and turnaround details are determined based upon the document type, number of pages, and words per page.