The Academic HustleTM is a practical message that will inspire and motivate your students to excel. The Academic HustleTM breaks down the process of taking advantage of school simply. It puts what needs to be done in a language students can understand.
As an administrator, you have a need or a problem in mind that The Academic HustleTM may be able to fill. Contact us so we can figure out what that is. Or check below to get some ideas on how The Academic HustleTM can benefit your work.
With a message that speaks to students, The Academic HustleTM can positively influence retention, graduation, and financial aid. The Academic HustleTM was developed with college students in mind. It motivates them to do what they have to do to graduate and be successful in their career, while providing strategies to tackle financial needs.
Ideally, The Academic HustleTM would be perfect for New Student Orientation. It would give students what they need to know to make the most of their time in college and highlight many of the resources most college have on hand but students rarely use. The workshop on “How to present yourself as the ideal candidate” would be great for students applying for jobs and graduate school.
There are many ways The Academic HustleTM can benefit a college campus. Give us a call so we can identify what your needs are.
I was the kid that benefited from the work of non-profits. However, unlike most students, I took a lot of notes and continued to ask what could make them better. The Academic HustleTM was the answer.
The Academic HustleTM can motivate your clients to take full advantage of what your organization offers. It helps participants see the big picture and show them how to make the most of the resources they have available. The Academic HustleTM will be a valued part of your offerings. Guaranteed!
- High school
High school is the most important time in a child’s career. It lays the foundation for adulthood. And it is critical that students use their time in high school wisely. However, too many of them do not get it. That is where The Academic HustleTM comes into play.
The Academic HustleTM motivates students to handle their business and shows them how. It encourages maintaining an over 3.0 GPA, getting involved in extra-curricular activities, and developing great relationships. All of which have been proven to increase academic achievement and graduation. High school students and administrators love The Academic HustleTM.
- Keynote Speaking
The best way to bring The Academic HustleTM to your organization is to schedule one of our interactive workshops.
Length: 45 – 90 minutes. Full and half-day trainings are available.
Material: LCD projector and speakers for presenter. Pen and paper for participants. Handouts are included
Our most popular workshops are:
- How to find and apply to scholarshipsDo you need money for school? Are you trying to figure out where are the scholarships for you? Want to know how to submit a winning scholarship application? Then you need The Academic HustleTM trainings. Our program trains participants on how to make the most out of their time in school to become competitive candidates for scholarships, internships, and job offers.
The insights and methods shared through The Academic HustleTM were distilled from Matthew’s national award-winning research on high-academic achievers and his personal journey of being at-risk of dropping out of high school to earning over $100,000 to graduate magna cum laude from college.
This particular workshop will show participants how to become a competitive candidates for scholarships, where to find them, and how to put together a winning application.
• Expose students to various types of scholarship opportunities
• Learn what is needed to become a competitive candidate for scholarships
• Show participants where to find scholarship opportunities
• Discuss the elements of a winning application
• Discuss how The Academic HustleTM was developed
• Walkthrough the various types of scholarship opportunities
• Show participants how to look for scholarships
• Figure out what it takes to be a competitive candidate for scholarships
• Detail actions participants can take to put together an award-winning application
- College freshman’s game plan for scholarships, internships, and job offersIn college? Need money to pay for school? Want to make sure you have a job upon graduating? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions then this workshop is for you. The Academic HustleTM: Freshman’s Guide to Scholarships, Internships, and Job Offers workshop will motivate you to become a competitive candidate for these opportunities and show you how to submit award-winning applications.
Most students attend college just to get a degree. Many graduate with just that: a piece of paper. However, there are some amazing opportunities that can prepare you for your future AND pay you in the process.
In this workshop, Matthew shares his story of entering college on academic probation and 100% loans. Then graduating magna cum laude with over $100,000 in scholarships, fellowships, and awards that took him all over the country and the world. Matthew explains the system he developed based upon his personal transformation and national award-winning research on high-achievers.
• Inspire students to take advantage of college
• Create a game plan to become a competitive candidate for opportunities
• Know how to find scholarships, fellowships, and internships
• Matthew shares his story
• Discuss the components of The Academic HustleTM
• Walkthrough the steps that need to be taken to become a competitive candidate for opportunities
• Show students how to identify opportunities
- Making the most of high schoolDo your students lack motivation? Want to make sure they are prepared for college? Need info on how to ensure your students are competitive candidates for scholarships? If you answered yes to any of these questions then this workshop is for you. The Academic HustleTM: Making the Most of High School workshop shows students how to take advantage of school and motivates them to do it.
Many students attend school just because they are supposed to. They don’t see how it relates to their life or prepare them for their future. As a result, most do just enough to pass. Teachers, parents, and many other adults try to stress the importance of taking advantage of school. However, it is largely dismissed.
In this workshop, Matthew A. Pigatt shares his story of being the kid that did not take school seriously and what made him transform into a high-achiever. He helps students understand the importance of taking challenging classes, earning As, and getting involved in extracurricular activities. These three items are critical to becoming a competitive candidate for higher education, scholarships, and jobs.
• Inspire students to take advantage of school
• Explain the significance of enrolling in challenging classes
• Help students understand why it is important to get As
• Show students the variety of extracurricular activities that can prepare them for their career
• Matthew shares his story being the kid that didn’t take school seriously
• Discuss the philosophy of earning money
• Overview of The Academic HustleTM
• Explain how students can use school to set them up for life
- How to present yourself as the ideal candidateApplying to scholarships? Getting ready for an interview? Want to make the most of a college fair? Then you need The Academic HustleTM. Our trainings guide participants on how to identify the opportunities of their dreams and become competitive candidates for them.
The insights and methods shared through The Academic HustleTM were distilled from Matthew A. Pigatt’s national award-winning research on high-academic achievers, his personal journey of transforming into a high-academic achiever with over $100,000 in funding for his education, and a system refined through years of working with at-risk individuals.
This particular workshop focuses on one of the Four Pillars of The Academic HustleTM: Your Presentation. The main purpose is show participants how to present themselves to opportunities as ideal candidates.
• Motivate participants to go after their dreams
• Know the Four Questions all selection committees ask to evaluate candidates
• Help participants think through what they have to do to become competitive candidates for opportunities
• Learn how to research opportunities to identify what they want
• Know how to present yourself as the ideal candidate
• Matthew share’s his story of transforming into a high-achiever
• Understand the four questions that all employers ask potential employees
• Identify what to do to become a competitive candidate for a job
• Walkthrough how to research an opportunity
• Provide examples of how to present yourself as an ideal candidate through an application, interview, or at a college fair.
Do you have an event or conference you need a speaker for? Want to be inspired an motivated by a practical message? Matthew A. Pigatt has a powerful story of struggle and triumph. Plus his national award-winning research based upon the stories of other high-achievers gives him a wide array of insights to suit your needs. Click the button below to inquire.Book Matthew Now